Adjunct Faculty Appointments
Royal Roads University Procedure
Effective Date:March 26, 2001
Revision Date:August 14, 2009
- Refer to the Policy for Adjunct Faculty Appointments approved by Academic Council in February of 2013.
- The Dean shall establish an assessment process within a Faculty for consideration of adjunct appointments.
- After reviewing the candidate’s submission, the Dean recommends the candidate to the Vice President Academic and Provost. The attachments to the letter should include : a) the rationale for the appointment; and b) the candidate’s c.v.
- Upon approval of the Vice President Academic and Provost, a letter of offer is sent from the President.
- Renewals for subsequent terms require a request in writing from the Dean to the VP Academic and Provost and should include a summary of the adjunct professor’s contribution to the university.
- Responsibility for adjunct professors’ files resides with the Vice President Academic and Provost.