Employee Standard of Conduct Policy
Royal Roads University Policy
Employees and students at Royal Roads University desire a working and learning environment that is respectful, supportive, productive and safe. Employee conduct will at all times support and promote that working and learning environment.
All employees in the pursuit of their duties shall treat fellow employees, students and members of the community with respect, dignity and consideration.
All employees shall ensure that their verbal and written communication with other employees and students is respectful and supportive of a productive and safe work environment.
All employees shall assist and cooperate with other employees to ensure that work is performed in a productive and efficient fashion.
All employees shall respect the right of all employees and students to work and learn in an environment free from harassment and discrimination.
Employees shall not participate in activities that could constitute a form of direct or indirect harassment or discrimination. Some examples (not comprehensive) of behavior issues that have been found to be harassment or discrimination are:
- Verbal threats, intimidation or abuse
- Unwelcome remarks or jokes about subjects like race, religion, disability or age
- The display of sexist, racist or other offensive pictures or posters
- Consistent subjection of an individual to practical jokes or ridicule
- Unwelcome or inappropriate physical contact
- Inappropriate use of power or control
When an employee believes he/she has been impacted by or have witnessed unacceptable behavior they are encouraged to take any of the following actions as appropriate:
- Deal directly with the employee(s) conducting the unacceptable behavior
- Request the assistance of a supervisor and/or the human resources department
- Provide a written summary of the alleged unacceptable behavior to the human resources department and request a formal investigation
All employees can expect that when inappropriate behavior is reported, investigated and confirmed, that disciplinary action will be taken.